Dr Ahmad Afif bin Mohd Faudzi
Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Neural Network, Computer Vision & Image Processing
Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Universiti Malaysia Pahang,
26600, Pekan, Pahang, Malaysia
- Develop a new optimization tool for model-free control design, such as stochastic approximation, gradient free method and game theoretic approach.
- Establish a new model-free controller structure, such as nonlinear PID, bio-inspired controllers and hybrid controllers.
- Control of flexible structures, such as flexible robot manipulator, crane systems, liquid slosh systems.
- Establish a new control strategy (feedback/feedforward) for vibration or sway suppression.
Control of mechatronics systems
- Control of underactuated mechanical systems, such as inverted pendulum, gantry crane and liquid slosh cargo vehicle.
- Control of multi-agent robots to perform desired motion coordination tasks, such as formation, coverage and rendezvous.
UMP Research Grant:
- Leader, RDU150344 (RM30,000), "A Study on Model-Free Approach for Liquid Slosh Suppression based on Stochastic Approximation", June 2015 - June 2017.
- Co-researcher, RDU140360 (RM21,000), "Development of a wall climbing robot for industrial inspection", May 2014 - May 2016.